2018 was a year of deep inner growth. Creating a vision for what I want my career and life to look like was an integral part of my year as well. I did this by hitting pause on the mental chatter and getting still. Through that, the foundation was set for everything that is to come. As they say, the day you plant the seed is not the day you eat the fruit. So, if you’re going to put in so much work over the span of many months or even years, wouldn’t you want it to go towards exactly what you want out of life, instead of achieving other people’s dreams in vain.Read More »
On this Self-care Sunday I wanted to share with you some running tips for all you new runners out there, or more experienced runners who may be in a rut. This advice comes from a girl who used to HATE running in high school and couldn’t physically run for more than 5 minutes without my lungs feeling on fire. Now I run 2-4 kms multiple times per week and LOVE it.Read More »
How Do I Make The Most Out Of My Sundays?
Sundays are such a powerful day in my mind. They allow for the perfect opportunity to both relax and unwind, while also preparing for a new week. I’m a huge proponent of lazy Sundays, but sometimes we just need that day to study or clean our space, making the notion of spending a day doing nothing seem impossible.
I have found that I feel my best and get the most out of my Sundays when I create a balance between both sides of the spectrum. If I am able to find some middle ground between doing nothing and being productive, I know I’m setting myself up for a great week.
If you want to make the most out of this beautiful day, here are some things I like spending my time on for a my perfect Sunday:
- wake up naturally when my body is ready to start the day.
- read an inspiring book with a cup of coffee and a cookie.
- play some music and clean up my space, organize anything that might be laying around and find a place for everything.
- spend time pampering myself and practicing self-care: some of my favorite things to do are giving myself a fresh manicure, doing a face mask, doing yoga.
- getting cozy on the couch and watching a movie or catching up with my favorite show – I am currently in love with “This Is Us”.
- Plan my week ahead. Set goals and intentions for what I want to accomplish during the week.
- Get some fresh air.
- Spend time with my loved ones (a super important one for me ).
- Review the material we will be learning in class this week.
- Get any homework done/review for tests/teach myself programming – depending on the week
The best way to create that perfect balance is by being intentional about what you will be spending your time on. My perfect Sunday looks something like this, but it definitely tends to vary a lot depending on the school load or exams I may have in the upcoming week.
I also like to come up with three words to set the tone for my day and how I would like to enter the week. My three words for this Sunday are:
🌿Fresh ⚡️Recharged 📊Prepared
What are your three words for the coming week?