“The Alchemist” has been on my list of books to read for so many years. We had crossed paths on many occasions. Friends recommending it, seeing the book on the shelf at work, at friends’ houses, noticing it sitting in my Goodreads recommendations. But for one reason or another I didn’t end up reading it until this past month.
How Do I Make The Most Out Of My Sundays?
Sundays are such a powerful day in my mind. They allow for the perfect opportunity to both relax and unwind, while also preparing for a new week. I’m a huge proponent of lazy Sundays, but sometimes we just need that day to study or clean our space, making the notion of spending a day doing nothing seem impossible.
I have found that I feel my best and get the most out of my Sundays when I create a balance between both sides of the spectrum. If I am able to find some middle ground between doing nothing and being productive, I know I’m setting myself up for a great week.
If you want to make the most out of this beautiful day, here are some things I like spending my time on for a my perfect Sunday:
- wake up naturally when my body is ready to start the day.
- read an inspiring book with a cup of coffee and a cookie.
- play some music and clean up my space, organize anything that might be laying around and find a place for everything.
- spend time pampering myself and practicing self-care: some of my favorite things to do are giving myself a fresh manicure, doing a face mask, doing yoga.
- getting cozy on the couch and watching a movie or catching up with my favorite show – I am currently in love with “This Is Us”.
- Plan my week ahead. Set goals and intentions for what I want to accomplish during the week.
- Get some fresh air.
- Spend time with my loved ones (a super important one for me ).
- Review the material we will be learning in class this week.
- Get any homework done/review for tests/teach myself programming – depending on the week
The best way to create that perfect balance is by being intentional about what you will be spending your time on. My perfect Sunday looks something like this, but it definitely tends to vary a lot depending on the school load or exams I may have in the upcoming week.
I also like to come up with three words to set the tone for my day and how I would like to enter the week. My three words for this Sunday are:
🌿Fresh ⚡️Recharged 📊Prepared
What are your three words for the coming week?