“The Alchemist” has been on my list of books to read for so many years. We had crossed paths on many occasions. Friends recommending it, seeing the book on the shelf at work, at friends’ houses, noticing it sitting in my Goodreads recommendations. But for one reason or another I didn’t end up reading it until this past month.
“The Alchemist” – Paulo Coelho
I believe what you need comes into your life with divine timing, when you are ready to receive it. This book was no exception. I probably wouldn’t have taken as much away from it as I did had I read it at a different point in my life.
If you haven’t read it, don’t worry, I won’t spoil anything. I will only share a few of my favorite passages and some takeaways. Keep in mind that this book is full of, both overt and hidden lessons. I’m only scratching the surface here.
- Love is the eternal and greatest alchemy of all.
- Trusting your heart and listening to its true essence will never lead you astray.
- Whatever is meant for you will come/return. If it doesn’t, it was never meant for you in the first place.
- Distractions will come along, but you have to be relentless in the pursuit of your Personal Legend.
- True love will never expect you to give up the pursuit of your Personal Legend. It will be supportive of it.
- Every difficulty, every misfortune, every painful time in our lives is a part of our predestined journey and it has happened to teach us and guide us to our ultimate goal, the fulfillment of our Personal Legend.
- Everything we need is already within us. We were created in the image of the Almighty, and thus we are powerful beyond belief.
I highly recommend you read this book. It’s certainly something you need to experience, but only when you feel called to do so. Let it fall into your life when it chooses to, and allow it to crack open a window to your consciousness that would not have been enticed otherwise.